Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Support Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan is holding vigil in Crawford, Texas. She has Vietnam Vets standing with her. Sheehan would like to speak with the President about the Downing Street Memos. Sheehan's son Casey died in Iraq on April 4, 2004.

It's a painful thing to realize your son was a pawn in someone else's game. It's painful to discover the war that took him was pre-planned, boxed up, marketed and served to Americans like the latest, greatest ground beef sandwich a red and yellow clown could dream up.

It will only get worse as the talk radio screamers and the Fox talk shows start to devour her as the latest traitor in their great 'War on Terra.'

Eventually they'll arrest her. They'll say she's a threat to national security.

Meanwhile, our great protectors will continue on, outing CIA agents for political vengeance, ignoring elected bodies that don't fall in line, and promoting torture.

I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
And awake in the dawn's early light
But much to my surprise
When I opened my eyes
I was a victim of the great compromise

The Great Compromise - John Prine

2 comments:

Seamhead said...

Here's a nice link for those of you interested. It follows a Drudge smear of Cindy Sheehan around the internet to the great smear machine at Fox News. It's typical example of they get good smear going.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

I too feel the way you do about the war and Ms. Sheehan. It makes me want to puke to hear the exteme Right Wingers rail against her for speaking her mind. If they could feel the pain of losing a child in a hopeless situation then maybe they would see things her way and stop villifying her. Blog on Rog, I knew I liked you!