Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Saturday Night

If Robbie Fulks comes to a venue near you, do not miss it!! Roy, Shelly, and I went to the Underground City Tavern last night to see Robbie. He was unbelievable. In fact, the whole night was quite interesting. Before the music even started my wife was holding some woman's giant penis.

Springfield songwriter Tom Irwin opened the show. His folk tunes infused with stories and humor provided a nice start.

Robbie Fulks and his band were next. We knew we were in for a treat when Robbie, his bass player, and his lead guitarist warmed up with a jazzy version of "Sleigh Ride." The musicianship in the show was incredible. At one point, during a tribute to the great Buck Owens, they were taking request for Owens' songs. They started a request, "Act Naturally," and Robbie determined it was too low. He said, "Let's go to A." And without a pause the band jumped keys together and kept rolling.

Robbie is a fantastic singer with an amazing range. Even though his lead guitarist was excellent, Robbie was an even better guitar player. The bass player was excellent as well, displaying some obvious Jazz influences.

The music was a mash of Country, Rock, Bluegrass and Jazz. He also did a rap when he blew a string on his guitar. The band kept on playing the song while he rapped about changing the string. It was hilarious and impressive.

So go see Robbie! And take your wives! They will love it as much as you will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...Shelly...care to explain?????


Aimee

Anonymous said...

The only way to explain it is this:

I am quite an attractive lady. I can attract bees at a park, doorways to my elbows and screams from my students. This time proved as sucessful.

I was just sitting there, minding my own business while this crowd of forty-something drunk women enjoyed a bachelorette party behind us. When one of the party-goers got thirsty for more, she sidled up to the bar, where I had parked myself, slung her huge penis over her arm and ordered up. I guess she noticed my beauty, and she quickly handed me the goods. If you know me, I am sure you can imagine how excited I was to be holding her penis. I simply stated, "He (Roger) was wondering if I could hold your balls." If you know me, you will guess how easily those words rolled off my tongue. She told me I could hold it longer, but I let her have her appendage back. If Roy had been there yet, I am guessing the attraction may have gone to him, but since he wasn't, I was the lucky one.

Roger thoroughly enjoyed that moment, as he did the rest of the evening. The show was awesome. Good music, good company. When we left, I commented how much I liked it, how great they were, etc. Roger said it was because I was in love with Robbie Fulchs. I tried to shrug it off, but then I confessed, that yss, indeed, Robbie and I were destined to be together and that he was in my way of true happiness, or something to that effect.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I love date night!

Shelly :)!

Seamhead said...

I love date night too.