Thursday, January 27, 2005

Lou! In the News!

Relax! He's not the guy who wrecked the train as my wife was relieved to find out. But his face was all over the St. Louis area today. There he was holding the little clipboard that coaches use to draw up the plays that the players never run. His team did look motivated though. If you want to know who won, give Dave a call. He actually called me from this game with about two minutes left until halftime. The score at that point? 8 - 6. Hannibal. And Dave's wife was with him. Julie, I hope you get him back for that someday.

It's amazing. I start a blog , and my friends go crazy. They're in the news on a daily basis. They're getting pregnant. I was just hoping for a few pictures of some kids. I encourage you guys to keep it up. But go about it the way Lou and Howdy did, not the way Jeff did.

4 comments:

DLS said...

Unfortuantely, the link changes daily and if you didn't catch it on the day it posted (Jan 27), you missed it. For the record, TMS suffered a loss 30-20; but the loss was offset by me getting to watch Lou in his shiny gold tie (with a shiny matching head) and his team executing a full court press at the 7th grade level...and it really worked (for a while).

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave! I was wondering why I was only seeing Clint Eastwood, Matt Blunt, and some Holocaust survivors in the Post Dispatch link. Lou, better luck next time.

Rog--did you stop to think all this was going on in spite of your blog? And on a deeper and more sobering thought--kind of makes you think what may still be going on here on earth if a person no longer existed on this planet. Speaking of which...how about a post on the recent space explorations..Titan Moon and so on.
--Howdy

Seamhead said...

Howdy, You don't think Jeff tried to burn his down on purpose? Why else would he put the coals in a paper bag? Hey, the post on Titan's moon sounds great. My next post will be all about how you volunteered to post about Titan's moon.

Anonymous said...

Amazingly this is the first day I've been home since you started your blog so I thought I'd comment on some of the postings.
-Your girls are cute
-Sorry about your house Jeff. Your family is in our prayers.
-Quin's time is over. The $%*&hawks might drill us by 50.
-I stink at golf. Anyone interested in getting together an outting at the lake. My dad can help get us set up at Old Kinderhook in Camdenton. April?
- 8-6?!?
-Sometimes I really miss the good old days.
- Jamie