Thursday, January 20, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to use this blog as a place family and friends can go for news about one another. It will be a place where I can post pictures of family, friends, and events. I tried a page similar to this before, but blogging software makes the whole thing easier. Plus, people can interact by leaving comments or sending me items to post.

I would also like to use it as a place for us to converse a little about important things. This means as spring training rolls around I'll be posting about the Cardinals and hoping for some response from the myraid of Cardinals fans I know. And of course, I always enjoy discussing religion or politics.

So to start things off on this dark day in American history, I'd like to leave you with the words of Thomas Jefferson, which I pilfered from this post on this fantastic blog:

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt...If the game runs sometime against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."
Thomas Jefferson, 1798

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing anonymous post

Andy B. said...

Hey Seamhead,
I notice you aren't anxious to have any MU Tigers basketball conversations. Hmmm.
Andy B.

Anonymous said...

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/previous.htm

Seamhead, here is a link for you. Here, you can draw additional inspirational historic quotations when you post philosphical rhetoric and wish to project credibility to your statement by leveraging famous testimonials. Included are such oldies but goodies as: "Fourscore, Ask Not, I have a dream,...I did not have sexual relations with that woman...."

Seamhead said...

Thank you Mr. Anonymous. I borrowed that quote. I didn't leverage it. Seems like you are doing all the projecting.

Anonymous said...

Borrowing is leveraging, Mr. Seamy Pants. The anonymous guy.

Seamhead said...

So then, no quoting anyone? what kind of fun would that be? That'd be a tough rule for all those bloggers whose every sixth post contains the "I did not have sex with that woman" quote.

To each his own rhetorical devices. If you want to discuss an actual issue or policy that's another story.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Anonymous, you must be good friends with Mr. Obvious! --Howdy