Monday, October 24, 2005

DAMMIT!!!

I watched the World Series until the start of the 7th inning, feeling as if I was watching the 15th mile of a marathon. That damn Lance Berkman and Willie Tavarez getting key hits again, giving me flashbacks to the NLCS. The only thing missing was a really bad call by the umpires. Realizing I would never last until the end of the game and disheartened by the uninspiring play of the White Sox, I gave up. I just now looked at the sports scores and damn if I didn't miss three great innings of baseball. Another ding-dong given up by Lidge - what a shame. I bet it doesn't go past 5 games. The stros have a chance with Oswalt on the hill but that's it. Just like last year, the American League champ is on a roll (won 13 of their last 14 I think).

I wish the Cards had arms in their bullpen like the Sox have. I looked up Brian Giles' career OBP - .413. Not too shabby. I wouldn't mind having him and Eckstein in front of Pujols, Edmonds and Rolen.

1 comment:

Seamhead said...

Giles is a good player. I wouldn't mind him in the Cards lineup.

You missed some good ball last night. Jenks looks like the Lidge of old. I have to admit I was rooting for the Astros though.