Friday, October 20, 2006

Ol' Abner Has Done It Again

What a game! Baseball is like no other game. The intensity ratchets up on every pitch during a big at bat. There were big at bats a-plenty last night.

Yadier joins the ranks of Tom Lawless as an unlikely hero in Cardinals postseason lore. The young catcher sent us all to bed smiling.

I hope they sign Jeff Suppan for next season. He has defnitely stepped us pitching in big games.

Enjoy the series. It's like the Lasorda World Series ads, I live for this.

1 comment:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Anthony Reyes MVP? That was one of the best performances by a rookie pitcher in the Series that we are ever likely to see. What a game! Here's why I am not a manager: I thought Marquis should have been activated due to a worn out rotation. I also thought that Rolen should be benched for Spezio due to his shoulder preventing him from turning on a high fastball. Nice HR, Scottie!

I'll just stick with blogging. LaRussa can keep doing his thing. I think he might know what he's doing afterall.