Friday, May 20, 2005

The Birds at the K

Andy and I are taking the families to the K to see the Cards battle the Royals on Sunday. The K is a great place to watch a ballgame. It doesn't have the same electric atmosphere you'll find at Busch or at Wrigley, but it is a beautiful, relaxing ballpark.

One of the best things that can happen at the K is when Royals deliver twelve hits. That means your ticket stub is good for a dozen, delicious Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Now, if they get twelve hits Sunday and lose, it will be a magic day. However, the Royals haven't had many games with twelve hits this year.

Willa be will attending her third MLB game and her second Cardinals game. Isa will be attending her first game ever.

Don't tell Andy, but it looks like the Royals will be using a Minor League call-up to pitch against the Cards on Sunday.

I'll be back on Monday with a full report.

2 comments:

Andy B. said...

That minor league guy is a part of that "youth movement" we are trying. And he is our secret weapon - you all better watch out.
Seamhead didn't indicate in his entry that after I invited him and his family up for the game, he neglected to inform his family. In fact, he informed them that he alone would be attending the game with me alone. Thank goodness Shelly called and got everything straightened out. And he is trying to sound like such a devoted family man, now. Give me a break. Wave a Cardinals ticket in front of his face, he starts slobbering like a Pavlovian dog and he forgets even his own precious family.
Wearing Royal blue,
Andy B.

Seamhead said...

You asked me if I wanted a ticket. I said of course. It wasn't clear to me that the families were going. But Willa is pumped.