Friday, June 24, 2005

Meet David




If you're wondering why I'm posting this, it's all Jagua Piru's fault. . . .

Most of you have met my husband of six years, David, but I wanted to put his picture up and tell you a little bit about him. For those of you who don't know him, I hope David will have the opportunity to meet you at Lou-and-Mistifest next month.

Last month David graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Science in Education. He has a job next year teaching math at a small high school just outside Jefferson City.

This was David's second attempt at higher education. His first attempt was, well, less than stellar. After that, he worked several years in construction. He hurt his back and had spinal fusion surgery in March 2001, which included the permanent insertion of two steel rods and six screws in his back. He knew his days as a construction worker were over.

His first course was 8 weeks of summer calculus. I think he was pretty miserable, but he stuck it out. His next-to-last semester, he took 20 credit hours so he could graduate in May 2005.

Anyway, after David graduated, we took a seven-day trip to Ixtapa, Mexico (see my previous post today). When we returned, I started a new job here in Jefferson City.

So, that's the story of part of David's life as told by me. I hear people complain about marriage, but I often catch myself daydreaming about how happy and lucky I am to be married to David. He is a gentleman but also a good hunter-gatherer, and his personality complements mine (read: he's neither obnoxious nor bossy). I know he'll make a great father someday if we ever get around to having a real critter and not just a spoiled dog!

No comments: