Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Shout Out to Boz

Yesterday my Grandmother called. She was so happy. My Grandpa had been reclassified by the Veteran's Administration from a 25% disability to 100%. This is going to make their lives much less complicated.

The idea to get my Grandpa reclassified came from Boz when he interviewed him for the POW project. He told me that most POWs from WWII are classified 100% by now. Once my Grandma, my Uncle, and my Dad were apprised of this information, they made sure my Grandpa did everything the VA asked to get reclassified.

So thanks again Boz. I already use this space to tell everyone how great it is to have the transcripts from my Grandpa's interview about his POW experiences. Now, they will have a lot more comfort in their golden years.

2 comments:

Seamhead said...

I definitely think it's important to maintain your friendships. I have been guilty of letting them slide sometimes.

That's definitely one of the wonderful things I have received from this blog. A chance to maintain and nurture connections with both family and friends.

Not only that people write a lot of songs about me. I consider myself a Muse.

Seamhead said...

One of the problems my Grandpa had was his distrust of government agencies like the VA. Once everyone understood the possible gain, we were able to support him to overcome that distrust.