Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Great Idea

I have spoken with one of our blog connoisseurs. She told me that she had been tempted to comment a couple of times. She also said she loved meeting Wade.

First, I'd like to encourage any and all of the readers out there to comment. The people who comment now are leaving great stuff. Many of the comments are better than the posts. My buddy Jeff has left some snippets of verse when he's felt inspired. I love it. It's really an opportunity for each of us to play a little larger role in the lives of people we care about and will never get to see enough.

I loved seeing that airport through Howdy's eyes. I loved being able to respond. I enjoyed the comments left on both of our posts.

Second, I think we should continue with Howdy's idea of introducing the children. Reading about Wade was great. Reading about all the other kids would be great, too. Many of the people signed up to contribute have children to tell us about. Let's hear it! I'll do it too.

Plus, if you aren't signed up to post on here and you want to do it, just let me know. Email me. Or call me. Or put it up in comments. All I need is your email address to invite you on board.

Basically, I just want to encourage participation. The comment process has been fixed, so it's easy and quick to leave a short comment. Posting isn't much harder than fixing up a word document.

Honestly, I've been surprised at the affection I've developed for this blog already. Really it's not for the blog. It's affection I already had for the people reading and writing this blog. I've just found a way to unlock a little bit of it.

And of course, keep the humorous anecdotes coming. We are fun to watch.

3 comments:

Andy B. said...

Roger says, "It's affection I already had for the people reading and writing this blog. I've just found a way to unlock a little bit of it." So glad that Roger is learning how to unlock his affection THROUGH A FREAKING COMPUTER SCREEN. Way to go Rog. What's next, giving your kid a hug with one of those emoticons on MSN Messenger?
- Andy B.

Seamhead said...

You're killing me Andy. If I could spend two nights a year drinking beer with each person that reads this blog, then I wouldn't need the blog. hehe. Is there a beer emoticon?

Seamhead said...

lol, I don't do anything associated with MSN.